Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Craft Week One

The intention for my 2 weeks off work was to get a kick start on the 2010 crafting and get some of my space sorted. The incredibly hot weather over the last half of last week played a little bit of havoc with that (but it is January) I have managed to get some knitting, spinning and sewing done if not everything i planned

What I have achieved is
  • Blocking the Entomology Shawl (see previous post)
  • Most of the Left front of the Mountain View Cardigan.
  • Some spinning (I have been playing with some merino I had and some drafting techniques)
  • Some fibre aquisition....including some EGMTK club fibre
EGMTK and Treetops fibre below.
  • A trip to Crowle Foundations Fabric Cave and some Fabric Stash additions (I also got a couple of cones of wool for plying.). The bright yellow is actually from Ikea and destined to be a new Doona cover for O.
  • The biggest achievement is the one below a skirt sewn from start to finish this afternoon. Not by me but by my eleven yr old step daughter. We cut 2 pattern blocks for her from her measurements for an elastic waist A-line skirt and for a A-Line skirt with fitted waist. We then proceeded to cut and sew up the A-line skirt below with an elastic waistband. She is thrilled and is now keen to try a skirt with pleating and a waistband.

Next up a few skirts for me.

1 comment:

Rose Red said...

Looks and sounds like you've been pretty busy! I really must get to Crowle!

And great job O on the skirts!!