Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Perfectly Matched



One of the challenges of being a knitter in Australia with access to the world of patterns is yarn-substitution. You are never really sure if the yarn you substitute will have the right drape, colour or if the guage will remain consistent with the swatch (when you do it!).





This of course is followed by the pattern variation. I just want to change this from what the designer intended.





There is an amazing joy and satisfaction in picking the right yarn, right colour, and having your variations work.





Anya was a pattern I found on Ravelry by accident. I liked the look but didn't like the purl rows every other row so i swapped it to give the background more stocking stitch with a garter stitch edge.





The Knittery's Lace Silk Merino was my pick...and it is gorgeous to knit with, every stitch is a pleasure. I thought it would look great as an Anya and I needed something brown to go with a couple of brown outfits I have and thought the Chocolate Colourway would be pretty good. So good you can eat it!





I have been unbelievably lucky lucky and it has turned out beautifully. This photo probably doesn't show it off as much as it could...However, wait until i finish her and she gets blocked. I predict a Stunner in the making.

No comments: