Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

I Remember When i Was Young....

(Lyric courtesy of Chain - Australian band of the 60's and 70's)

Tonight I revisited a venue I had not been to in a while.
Many years ago when i was still at the "going out every Friday night" stage (and many other nights as well). I used to frequent the Bristol Arms Hotel (Retro).

The venue is renowned for it's classic music of the eighties (and now 90's and even early 00's).
When I used to go I was much younger and drank way more and danced way more than I do now! No really!

Tonight I was there to farewell a colleague, the music was much more modern (I mean how retro is Sneaky Sound System?) and incredibly louder (or I am just much older and crankier!).

That said cartoons and drinks and laughs were had by all (and I am home before nine!)...I guess that means I am getting older, more responsible or something.

All the more time to knit and be with the family this weekend. Maybe I can finally finish Gabi.

Did I mention I was in flat shoes (none of those mad heels for me, thank you very much!).

No comments: