Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

In Case of Emergency Break...out the Sock Yarn!


Whilst in Bendigo last month I had taken a shawl project with me. It was in 12 ply yarn in black a relatively simple knit as my travel project.

Unfortunately the lovely little house we stayed in did not have fantastic light in the lounge room and as such I made mistakes a number of times. Eventually abandoning the project all together. I went ahead and broke out the sock yarn I had bought for just such an occassion.

I used my basic sock pattern in absentia and cast on from memory (yes I managed to do it from memory. The yarn is Lorna's Laces sock in Watercolor colourway.

On returning home I had a couple of other projects to play with (See blanket and hat) and have just picked them up to finish them this weekend. I am really pleased with the striping effect the yarn has for all but the instep section.

2 comments:

DrK said...

socks do make great emergency knitting! i started some to take to bendigo but i dont think ive done anymore on them than the last row somewhere around 30 000 feet betweem melbourne and sydney! i cant believe youve finished yours, they look great!

Rose Red said...

I do love LL sock yarn - but it does have a naughty tendency to pool in the gussets. But I'll forgive it, because it's so nice to knit with and wear (and also wash in the machine, hurrah!)