Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Spring and Summer Knitting

With the onset of the on-again off-again warm weather knitting thoughts turn to warm weather garments. Tees, Tanks and Summer Cardigans become a focus. This inspires a trawl through back copies of Summer and Spring Magazines and a tour of ravelry to gather a range of patterns to choose from. I have a stash of Bendigo Woollen Mills Cotton so it was time to find a pattern to go with it.

Last weekend, after I left my new cardigan at work, I started the Flutter Sleeve Cardigan (Spring is time for a Flutter!). Three swatches it took me to get guage (from a 4.5mm to a 3.5mm for the largest needle in a set of 3) but the resulting fabric is perfect.

The back is knitting up quickly. The ribbed waist is creating i nice little gather to the lower part of the cardigan. I love a pattern where the sleeves are part of the front and back. The only additional knitting is the cuffs. Did i mention it is really really soft.

3 comments:

LynS said...

I think the ribbed shaping across the back waist of this pattern is an interesting way to give shape to the top. I also like the cap sleeves.

DrK said...

oh flutter sleeve. i dont think i have that pattern. off to rav i go!

Yarna said...

Your knitting is so beautifully even. Love the colour, too.