Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Listless Knitter

I have cast on (and frogged) the new Cotton/Cashmere yarn 3 times. The colours are fabulous and look wonderful together I just can't engage/fall in love with/knit my fingers off with it just yet.

I also have 2 pairs of socks on the go that need to be finished but I cannot rekindle the passion for them at the moment yet.

My knitting process is to have a couple of things on the go but at least one inspirational/passionate knit. A challenge, with stunning yarn and colour and something that requires some truly hard work. If I have such a project I can alternate between that and socks or jumpers that are a little less challenging?

I am still in search of my new knitting love affair?
What is your creative process?

3 comments:

Rose Red said...

just keep starting new stuff! something will take eventually!!

Bells said...

yes what RR said - just keep starting stuff!

I like to have a yarn in mind, in my stash, that's looming on the horizon as my next passionate knit, something I have out for a while, to look at and touch and dream about. That helps get the juices flowing!

LynS said...

I've also been floundering around a bit lately. In my case I think it's because I have too many possibilities and too many rather recently acquired lovely yarns. I think my strategy is just to wait till something overtakes me. On reflection, I'm not sure if that can be labelled a 'strategy'.