So here are my favourite thing about Knitted Socks
- Well made, well knitted socks are really amazing to wear and significantly warmer and more comfortable than store bought socks
- If made with the right type of yarn (generally with some nylon in them) they will wear well, wash well and soften just perfectly.
- They can be repaired (Darning)
- As gifts they are relatively easy to knit and almost universally appreciated. Once someone has warn knitted socks they will find store bought socks inferior!
- There is a myriad of patterns, yarn, and techniques to keep knitting them interesting and as challenging or easy as you like.
- Seeing the entire family's knitted socks drying on the line after washing is a magical sight.
- A non-knitter who envies the hand-knitted socks of you or a loved one (and appreciates the effort) is a good friend who will love any hand-made gift they get.
- Sock Knitting is a long tradition of many cultures and it is nice to be part of extending that tradition.