Tonight we got into some deep discussion about films
A few key ones that came up were
- Team America World Police - offensive, funny and stupid (no one escapes a pasting).
- Love and Other Catastrophes - a fantastic Australian Romantic Comedy (With fabulous filmic references)
- Spooloos (marked as The Vanishing in English) is hands down the scariest film i have ever seen and is brilliant (Please do not see the inferior US remake of a few years later by the same director with Keifer Sutherland)
- The Purple Rose of Cairo (awesome Woody Allen Film!) that is name checked in Love and other Catastophes.
- We also touched on a few other older films (Ness we need to bring you up to speed)
I was thinking I should (With some assistance...you know who I mean) create a couple of must see lists in a few categories over July and August. We can then debate them.
(Any suggestions of topics - eg 70's films and 70's australian films seperate, Film Noir, Old School Musicals would be appreciated)
Thanks for the laugh knittingness , falconfly and FredAstep too!
I have included my favourite clips on You Tube from team America
Firstly - Poor Lonely/ronery Dictator (Warning this contains swearing!)
And of Course Matt Damon (mean but incredibly funny)