Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Knitting Night

Tonight we got into some deep discussion about films

A few key ones that came up were

  • Team America World Police - offensive, funny and stupid (no one escapes a pasting).
  • Love and Other Catastrophes - a fantastic Australian Romantic Comedy (With fabulous filmic references)
  • Spooloos (marked as The Vanishing in English) is hands down the scariest film i have ever seen and is brilliant (Please do not see the inferior US remake of a few years later by the same director with Keifer Sutherland)
  • The Purple Rose of Cairo (awesome Woody Allen Film!) that is name checked in Love and other Catastophes.
  • We also touched on a few other older films (Ness we need to bring you up to speed)

I was thinking I should (With some assistance...you know who I mean) create a couple of must see lists in a few categories over July and August. We can then debate them.

(Any suggestions of topics - eg 70's films and 70's australian films seperate, Film Noir, Old School Musicals would be appreciated)

Thanks for the laugh knittingness , falconfly and FredAstep too!


I have included my favourite clips on You Tube from team America

Firstly - Poor Lonely/ronery Dictator (Warning this contains swearing!)



And of Course Matt Damon (mean but incredibly funny)

2 comments:

knitness said...

OMG it has subtitles just in case you want to sing along...

Or rather 'sing arong'!

Awesome movie.

missfee said...

ooo - I left too soon me thinks

films I know a tiny weeny bit about films - but not too much