Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Meme (Thanks Missy Fee)

Missy Fee tagged me for a meme...here goes


What is your current Obsession?
Yarn and knitting (surprise) at home and transitioning the team to working agile and being self-led at work.

What are you wearing today?
Earlier (at work) - Skirt with pockets, a jersey top and tights
Now - dressing gown and slippers at home.

What's for dinner?
Still thinking about - Wednesday night tends to be light or take-away in our house.

What did you eat for your last meal?
Chicken, Chips and Salad at lunch with some work colleagues

What's the last thing you bought?
Yarn from Needlefood online that is yet to arrive.
2 variegated colourways of sockyarn.

What are you listening to right now?
FBI Radio

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
From the study to the loungeroom with the cat, my dh some tv or a movie and some knitting with slippers and the heater on.

What do you love most about where you currently live?
The back garden and the location and the dining room/sewing room/games room we created by swapping the lounge into the smaller of the two rooms in the house we are in.

What is your favorite colour?
Isn't it obvious Purple with blues.

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?
My recently knitted handknitted cashmere blend (Casbah) bed socks...they are even softer on than i was expecting.

What were you doing ten years ago?
Working ridiculously hard for an IT outsourcer, seeing live music local most weekends and planning a month long party for my 30th whilst travelling between Sydney,Adelaide and Melbourne for work.

Describe your personal style?
Comfy, casual with the occassional accent.

If you had $300 now, what would you spend it on?
Probably new shoes for either me or dh

What are you going to do after this?
Take the cat (who is sleeping on my arm) into the loungeroom and do some pre-dinner knitting.

What are your favorite films?
It is almost impossible to pick a favourite - films I own and/or will always watch if they are on.

Star Wars/Empire Strikes Back/Return of the Jedi
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (Jimmy Stewart)
Harvey (More Jimmy Stewart)
The Maltese Falcon (Bogart as Sam Spade!)
Meet me in St Louis (Best Musical Ever!)
Desk Set - Spencer Tracey and Katherine Hepburn (trivia: written by Pheobe Ephron mother of Nora Ephron)
Infernal Affairs (the film that The Departed was based on - it is much much better)
The Breakfast Club/Pretty In Pink/St Elmos Fire - just because (be someone who was a teenager in the 80's and not love these films!)
Reality Bites (90's equivalent and released just after we left university - timing is everything.
Say Anything and Grosse Pointe Blank - John Cussack's best.

What inspires you?
Dh and my step-daughter, knitting friends and colleagues, work friends and colleagues who are trying to do different things. My mother who has just retired - the people in my life.

Who's work/designs are you inspired by?
Generally - Director John Ford, Writers Andrew McGahan and Neil Stephenson. Joss Whedon creator of Buffy, Angel and Firefly (and now Dollhouse) and the architecture of Renzo Piano.

Knitting - Elizabeth Zimmerman, Ysolde Teague, the colour of Kaffe Fasset and a whole heap I see nearly every week as well.

Your favourite books?
Snow Crash, Zodiac and Cryptonomicon by Neil Stephenson
Anne of Green Gables and the entire series by LM Montgommery
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
All the books of John Birmingham, Nick Earls and Mike Gayle.
The Long Gray Line (Here on Amazon) by Rick Atkinson which traces the time from the 1966 graduating class entering Westpoint to the dedication of the Vietnam War Memorial - unbelievably fascinating, horrifying and insightful.

What makes you follow a blog?
Great reading, good photos, keeping up with what my knitting friends are doing.
General interest in work/industry related activities (at the moment Agile and Lean)

What was the most enjoyable thing you did today?
Knitted before I went to work with the cat on my lap and a cup of tea in front of me. Incredibly relaxing way to start the day.

Whats one thing you dream of doing?
Living outside the city with days to knit,sew and garden and spend with friends (and not work hahaha)

Do you collect anything?
Books, Books and knitting yarn (patterns) and knitting books!
Fiction, non-fiction

Skill you'd most like to have that you don't currently
The abilty to paint and draw (my mother-in-law and sd are both incredibly talented).

What is your secret Skill you are most proud of.
My abilty to grasp complex systems (both people and technology) at a conceptual level and hypothosise (usually correctly) about how the unknown bits work (or don't work as the case may be).


The rules:1. Respond and rework; answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your invention, add one more question of your own. 2. Tag eight other people.

I have used the last 2 questions to replace the what language do you want to learn and why and to add my own question

I think we might be fishing in the shallow end of the blogging pool if I tag a few others. Please feel free to participate if you wish.

2 comments:

missfee said...

Jodie I am amazind and in awe of your secret ability(mine is definitly not spelling) - where can I get me some.

thanks for playing along

jp said...

My spelling is patch too...but I am very happy with my secret ability....