With my not working this week due to the film festival status I was able to partake in a knitting playdate with RoseRed, Knittingness, FredAstep and 1funkyknitwit. A joyous day spent knitting, chatting, laughing, drinking and caressing Ness' new yarn. This one (Wired For Fiber Olivia in Valour) called to me immediately (as did a 50g sport weight but I resisted). A huge amount of fun was had by me (by all really) and I will always curse being at work when they have their regular catch up.
Today I ventured out to the very crowded Sydney Craft Fair. It was a fruitful journey (see below)
- 6 sets of sore feet (my mum, my aunty and I - my mother in law skipped due to illness)
- 2 skeins of Habu A148 Wool Stainless Steel in a Deep Purple
- A bag of leftover Silk yarn from Kaalund Various Weights
- A cone of leftover Silk from Kaalund Lace Weight
- A Cone of leftover Wool from Kaalund Lace Weight
- 2 skeins of Touch Lace Yarn in black and Purple
- 1 skein of handpainted linen in Jungle freom Claudia's Hand Painted Yarns
- 1 bead necklace and 1 dragonfly necklace
In the mail today I also got a skein of HandMaiden Casbah in Blue, Some Fyberspates scrumptions Lace (silk/merino) in Blackcurrant and some Melosa laceweight in Fantasy.
Can anyone say Stash Enhancement