It has a number of advantages over the printed version
- Instantly available on publishing
- Never losing a copy
- Always available
- Never deteriorating.
Wrong - I spend almost no time reading the magazine. I rarely if ever go back to an issue later. I use it as a pattern resource and miss out on the editorial content. I use Ravelry to remind me what patterns I have copies of. Overall I do not get the enjoyment I get out of the printed versions.
As such I must admit I am an eco-warrier failure. Printed magazines are one of my true guilty pleasures and I am sorry digital versions (even the Ipad enabled content) you are not for me!
For me It has some disadvantages
- No matter how good the screen on your laptop is it is hard to flip through the magazine with a cuppa or a cold-one in your backyard in the sun.
- If your internet is down your mag is not available
- Online technology (ipad/iphone) is not as quick as you would like to load the titles you subscribe to into new delivery formats (You knitting freak you!)
- You need to print the pattern pages to knit from them (Not as convenient as carrying a magazine)
- May be lost if the magazine changes digital providers.